Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm raising my hand

I feel sort of like I did in college. Sitting in class with questions in my head, thoughts to share, things to say, but not really wanting to speak. I'm not sure, but I think it was a combination of things that kept me from it, and possibly the same things today: perceived apathy on behalf of my classmates, not wanting to draw attention to myself for fear the teacher would think I had some answers (and I might be wrong), and the knowledge that if I didn't know the answers to my questions, no one else in class did either (so someone else might ask or we'd all stand a chance of getting it wrong). I prefer to sit back and listen. I learn more by listening than I do by talking, usually.
But I guess this time, it's not enough to sit in the back of class and hope someone else asks the questions I have.
I have opinions, but are they right? Maybe a running dialogue will help sort out some of the opinions I have that may have holes in them.
So... let's talk about capitalism.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Excellent. Thanks.

Revolution. It is time.